Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Afternoon


We spent about 3 hours baking and then an hour cleaning and getting supper ready. We ended up making Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Oatmeal Coconut Cookies, Oven Baked Caramel Corn (Thanks, Joyce!), and Tiger Butter(Thanks, Leslie!). We let the cookies get a bit too brown but they are yummy; more for us to eat, I suppose. After starting on the Caramel Corn I realized I only had a couple tablespoons of corn syrup, instead of 1/2 cup as the recipe called for. I don't know how much of a difference this made, since this was my first attempt at this recipe. (But I've saved it in my files and will be able to try it again sometime. Progress....)

All of treats were made using ingredients I already had on hand. We could have made lots more with what we had on hand. I suppose getting iced in was good for my budget. I saved time and money, what a deal! :)

Oh, and I keep forgetting that we made a pan of brownies to take with us to church on Wednesday night. We'll be caroling throughout our community and when we get done, we'll all enjoy different soups that each of us will bring, along with goodies. This has been a tradition for years and years for our family and we look forward to doing this with our church family.

Our kitchen was a busy, fun, happy place this afternoon.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow, look at all your delicious goodies you made! We are iced in today so I am hoping to do some baking today.

I really like your cookie sheet. I haven't ever seen one like that before. :)

Gumbo Lily said...

Yum! You were a productive bunch. I just finished up some thumbprint cookies and soft molasses and then I put a bunch of cookie balls in the freezer for later. I love to make them up hot-from-the-oven.

Jody