Friday, September 29, 2006

A friend's encouraging words

I had mentioned to some friends that I'm really not that great about decorating and dressing up my home with the seasons. My friend, Abby, who has successfully raised three children, sent me this poem:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait for tomorrow,

For babies grow up, I've learned, to my sorrow.

So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep.

I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.
~Ruth Hulburt Hamilton

Thanks, Abby! You're a breath of fresh air to this mommy!


1 comment:

Miskaj said...

Very nice site and glad I dropped by! That was beautiful! And so true! My three grew up before I knew what happened! You know the days are passing very fast as GOD said that the "time shall be shortened" in the last days, remember? Well we are there and the last days are upon us, so these days keep turning into weeks and weeks into months and years before we know it, they is gone again and soon there shall be no more as we know them! You know though if you stop and think about it and recall the pleasures of heaven and the peace it brings and all of the love and joy that abound in HIS presence, and if we are HIS child, then WHY should we fear it? Some people do fear the end! It should be the very greatest blessing to us! Something to be "looked forward" to with greatest excitement! Well, you stay safe and be blessed and I will pray all will be well with you always. In HIS love, Katie

http://miskaj-wwwjnksansone.blogspot.com/
http://www.jnksansone.com/index.html