Friday, September 29, 2006

Frugal Friday

It's Frugal Friday over at Biblical Womanhood. I love reading the tips from the thrifty homemakers!

I have been able to save money by buying my spices at our local health food store. The quality is far superior than anything you buy in a bottle. I buy pound bags of spices that I use often, such as cinnamon. Other spices I purchase from their bulk section. I just ask for as many ounces as I need.

Recently, I was purchasing the ingredients for a new Asian dish that I wanted to try. I needed seseme seeds but our health food store was already closed. McComick was selling a 1.9 oz. bottle for $3.69. I just couldn't make myself do it. I waited and purchased a pound at my health food store for under $2.00.

I have friends who purchase some of their spices online. Do you have any online businesses that sell spices that you really love?

1 comment:

Miskaj said...

Very nice site and glad I dropped by! Yea I used to buy my bulk spices and foods at the Amish store in Ohio! That was fantastic! Something I miss here in Iowa! You know the days are passing very fast as GOD said that the "time shall be shortened" in the last days, remember? Well we are there and the last days are upon us, so these days keep turning into weeks and weeks into months and years before we know it, they is gone again and soon there shall be no more as we know them! You know though if you stop and think about it and recall the pleasures of heaven and the peace it brings and all of the love and joy that abound in HIS presence, and if we are HIS child, then WHY should we fear it? Some people do fear the end! It should be the very greatest blessing to us! Something to be "looked forward" to with greatest excitement! Well, you stay safe and be blessed and I will pray all will be well with you always. In HIS love, Katie

http://miskaj-wwwjnksansone.blogspot.com/
http://www.jnksansone.com/index.html