Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Zeke in Florida

For the most part, this picture sums up Zeke's vacation in Florida. He loved to walk along the beach. I'm not exagerating when I say he would walk for miles. He seemed to enjoy being alone. He didn't pay much attention to the rest of us. He never did spend much time in the water but he'd hang out on the water's edge just walking and walking and walking. Content, at peace and maybe full of awe? I wonder if he could feel the Creator near? I certainly would like to think so. Zeke is 20 months old but I've prayed for him for years already. And since his conception, I've prayed specifically that the Holy Spirit would speak to him. Maybe the beach was part of that answer to prayer.

2 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

I'm like Zeke. I could walk and walk and walk on the beach -- alone.

What a darling.
Jody

Anonymous said...

Renee,
This is a darling picture of Zeke.
I checked out the Cookies book from the library, it is wonderful. Thanks for sharing it. My little one just loves it.

Jodi (from the Coffee Shoppe)