Thursday, May 08, 2008

Book Suggestion

I've not read the book I'm about to recommend but I'm confident it will be worth your time. In my post below that referred to Susan's writing on housework, Susan left a comment with a book recommendation. I have Letters from a Woman Homesteader on my wish list but as I was doing a search online for sellers of this book, I ran across the text online, free for your use! Letters from a Woman Homesteader by Elinore Pruitt Stewart can be found here. I've benefited from many of the books that Susan enjoys. Anytime I hear her mention a book that she values, I jot it down because more than likely it will bless and instruct me to read it. I'm thankful for my online mentors!

I also will mention that I have really enjoyed troubling stars blog. She's not been writing on her blog for long but I've enjoyed several of her posts. I love her refreshing and honest look at what it is to live the Christian life as Jesus would have us to. She is serving those around her and it has blessed my heart as well as challenged me to "get my hands dirty".

3 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

Bessie,
I LOVE that book too. I don't know if my eyes could stand reading it online, but you'll really enjoy it.

I'm really liking your posts lately.

Jody

martha said...

I am interested in finding the "troubling stars" blog you mentioned. I don't think the link is working. Can you give me the address?

Thanks,
Martha at
mrsb1980@gmail.com

BessieJoy said...

This should work:
http://sunrisevisits.blogspot.com/