Thursday, March 29, 2007

Another quote

Lucy Maud Montgomery wrote, "Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive - it's such an interesting world. it wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything."

Kiersten asked yesterday, "Mom, do you think God wants children to always have time in their days to play?" I thought a little and answered that I thought he would probably like for that to be. She then said she thought that God smiled as he watched children play. I think he does, too! And I asked Kiersten if it helped her to think about God when she had plenty time to play. She said, "Oh, yes! Because you can look at all the beautiful flowers and other things he made. And you can think about how He made them for you!"

Yes, I believe free time outside is very important to the health, happiness, and spiritual life of a child! I also believe this would be good medicine for any adult, too!

No comments: