Wednesday, March 21, 2007

More on Milk and Local Foods

If you are interested in learning more about our milk, meat, and foods in general, I would highly recommend that you read Nina Plank's book Real Food. It's a fun book to read if you enjoy food or health topics.

Educating ourselves about what we put into our bodies is very important. It is a never ending process but always an adventure! And such a wonderful taste experience! What is better than whole foods, fresh from your garden or a local farmer?

What local farmer did you support today? We enjoyed our own fresh eggs, (thanks to our 4 pet hens), beef purchased from our deacon, pork from a local farmer, kale, arugula, chives, green onions, and asparagus from our garden. I'm so far from where I want to be when it comes to consuming local foods! But I'm taking baby steps and making progress.

I'd love to hear what you're eating that is local! What are you looking forward eating soon? I'm counting the days until we get to buy baskets of fresh peas at our Farmer's Market! Awwwww.... spring!

1 comment:

joyfuljourney said...

Local hormone-free milk and local beef. This spring and summer we will reap the benefit of having farmers in our church. They love to share from their gardens. Other than that, we don't have the luxury of buying locally grown food out here. I'm glad you posted this, it's something I've been very interested in lately. Glad I found you.