Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Abiding with the Lord

Last night as I dropped into bed I was weary from hauling loads of dirt for my garden and just working hard physically all day. So I turned to the Psalms. They always bring calm and comfort to my heart. I was delighted with Psalm 15 and read it over several times. I love it when the Bible plainly states what I am to do or be! And this Psalm is very straight forward! It clearly explains what I must do and be so that I might abide with the Lord. And truly that is what I want for myself and those that I love!

Psalm 15
Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in they holy hill?
He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.
He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbor.
In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.
He that putteth not out his money to usury, not taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.


No comments: