Thursday, February 12, 2009

Raw Kale Avocado Salad

We love the salad! And I'm so glad. I plan to grow lots of this stuff this summer and I'm so thankful we've found a way that we can eat *lots* of this green, raw!

Sara at Happy Food has a great post about this salad, along with a video that will even show you how to make it!

This is what we put in our salad. I think next time I'll cut back on the lemon juice a bit. Zeke said, "This is spicy!" I think he meant very tangy! :) All of the kids agreed that it was good.
  • 1/2 pound baby kale
  • 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil or hemp seed oil (go for less if you can)
  • Juice from 1/2 lemon
  • Real Salt sea salt, to taste (1/4 - 1/2 t)


Grocery Cart Challenge ~ Share your recipes here

1 comment:

Gumbo Lily said...

It sounds so simple and good. Sometimes I like a very "plain" salad. I usually like a less lemon juice in my dressings than the recipes usually call. I'm with Zeke.

Jody