Tuesday, July 21, 2009

History

"Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

I'm looking forward to getting back into our more formal learning routine. One aspect that I look forward to is all the reading of history that we get to do. I absolutely love learning along with my children. And when I say "along with my children" I mean just that! I made A's in history all through school, but I don't recall much of anything about it. In fact, I didn't like it. What a shame! Thankfully, it's not too late for me to enjoy it now!

I ran across this site tonight that offers History magazines and timelines.
The History Shop

And I just ordered a print catalog from Winter Promise Publishing.

We'll be studying the Middle Ages this year. I'm so in the dark but looking forward to exploring a new-to-me part of history


1 comment:

Gumbo Lily said...

I always loved learning history alongside my children. And I'm still learning. Homeschooling is great for the kids and just as great for their parents.

Jody