Monday, July 06, 2009

Middle of the Night Browsing

I couldn't sleep......

So I'm browsing online, something I don't do very often. I have my list of blogs that I read through Bloglines, check my e-mail and then I'm off to do "real life". But my every-once-in-awhile midnight readings do lend some gems.

Storybook Woods is always a delight for the eyes! Clarice has stated that is a goal she holds for her blog and I'd say she's accomplished just that! I was browsing the lists of blogs that she reads and ran across Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. I own the book and love, love, love it, but didn't realize they have a blog! And just look at all those wonderful bread recipes. I'm thrilled to see they are sharing how to bake bread on a grill. How brilliant! My bread baking has come to a screeching halt as we have had at least 90* weather for days on end. But I've missed the simple pleasure of fresh bread.

I hope all of you have had a wonderful weekend celebrating our dear country's 233rd birthday! We enjoyed lots of fellowship with friends and family. I feel very blessed! I want to thank all of the soldiers out there who are sacrificing all on my behalf......I thank the families of each of the soldiers, too. You are all appreciated and held up in my prayers. I'm overwhelmed to think of all that others have done down through the years so that I can enjoy freedom today. Let's not give it up. Let's not let their sacrifice be in vain!

May God have mercy on these United States of America!

No comments: