Thursday, May 17, 2007

Raised Beds

Those of you who know me, know I love to play in the dirt! I'm in love with my raised beds. We keep adding one each year. Someday our whole south hillside will be covered in beds. I'm amazed at the amount of food that comes out of these little garden spots!

My camera is dying and so I don't have very many of my gardens this year. The top two pics here are of this year. As you can see, we need mulch in a desperate way! My dear brother will be bringing me some soon. Then everything will look beautiful again.

These are all spring gardens in May. By summertime they are so big and full there is no way weeds can grow.

If you are wanting to garden, I encourage you to try a raised bed. I'm certain we could feed the world this way!






2 comments:

Gumbo Lily said...

Wonderful Renne! This is just what I was looking for -- some good pictures/examples. Today my sons and I are wacking-up two raised beds! I'm so excited! Thank you for your encouragement.
~Jody

Anonymous said...

Renee!It is awesome. It is so fun to see your garden growing! Oh, I can't wait till I can start planting my beds! It has to warm up about 10 more degrees!
Keep on posting more pics!

Debbie