Friday, May 18, 2007

Two Potato Hash


Yummy, easy, whole foods, and oh, the smell!!!

While at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO you can watch them cook dishes like this in probably 5 foot cast iron skillets. The aroma makes your mouth water!!! At $5.95 a serving, I'd say making this at home would qualify you as being frugal! :) Since four of us will enjoy this today we'll be saving a hefty little sum!

Here's what I did:
Heat up a generous amount of olive oil in whatever skillet you like to use. Add one chopped up onion, one sliced sweet potato and two white potatoes (I used red-skinned potatoes just because that's what I have.) Season with natural sea salt (That's all I use. I'm sure any salt would work. Maybe even a seasoning salt?!) and black pepper.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ooopsie, I goofed! Trying again...

Looks like a yummy combination (great sizzling pic)! We've got one of those *ginormous* cast iron skillets. Plowboy likes to use it for campfire cooking. Can't wait to try this. ThanX!

Martha A. said...

I love to make hash for a nice easy lunch! One thing I have done is boil extra potatoes for dinner on purpose and then add some cooked leftover chicken (I freeze the leftover chicken) chop up everything and fry until brown in a little olive oil. We like this with BBQ sauce for a really nice lunch!

Bunny McCoy said...

I remember going to Silver Dollar city and having this very thing.

My dad use to make something like this for a special breakfast and added green and red peppers as well. It was so pretty. Thanks for the reminder!

Gumbo Lily said...

Yum! This is MY kind of food! If it were me, I might even toss in a red pepper and throw an egg on top.
~Jody