Thursday, May 03, 2007

Who have I placed my trust in?

Through various circumstances in my life recently, I've had to remind myself that my trust must always be in the Lord and only the Lord. I've had to remember what is important in the Lord's eyes. My day to day work is important to my Saviour. He cares about every little detail of my life. He's a wonderful Lord.

Last night, at our Wednesday evening Bible study, the Lord gave me just what I needed~truth from His Word. Here are just a few verses that helped me to rest in my Lord.

Jeremiah 17:5, "Thus saith the Lord, Cursed be the man that trust in man......" Verse 7 goes on to say, "Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope is in the Lord."
Isaiah 31:1 "Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help....." Oh, how often I turn to "Egypt" for help. When will I learn to run to the Lord for all my needs? Hebrews 4:16 says, "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." I'm so thankful that my God is a God of mercy and grace. I definitely am a child in need!

My dad always taught me that when there is a "therefore" or a "wherefore" we need to look back and see why it is there for! "Let us THEREFORE come boldly" is preceded by "Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not a high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."

These verses encourage my heart! It's so amazing to to think that Jesus, the Son of God, is touched with the feeling of my infirmities. He cares about my relationship with my husband, my children, my family and friends, my neighbors, and my acquaintances. He cares about the humble work I do here in my home: the laundry, the meals, the cleaning, etc. He cares and is touched when I am touched. Nothing escapes his tender watchful eye that is fixed on ME. He even knows WHY I feel as I do! Imagine that!

No comments: